We offer professionally prepared jewellery appraisals (with photo’s) to the highest standards performed by our Graduate Gemologist (GIA) & Certified Jewellery Appraiser (RMV) Kyle Roath starting at just $35
We perform several different types of appraisals each having a unique function and purpose including; Appraisals, Insurance Appraisals, Estate Appraisals, Fair Market Value Appraisals (Divorced property settlement), Diamond Reports & Gemstone Reports. All diamond jewellery is graded using the Gemological Institute of America grading system. Gold testing is performed using our non-destructive state of the art XRF X-Ray gold analyzer for precise purity readings.
Appraisals can be performed on Modern Jewellery, Contemporary Jewellery, Antique Jewellery, Designer Jewellery, Pocket Watches and Wrist Watches.
Depending on schedule appraisals can be done by appointment or sometimes “On the spot” and can be cleaned/polished by request.
Appraisals take roughly 20-30 minutes to complete
- Gemstones are identified, measured and graded
- Precious metals and their purity are determined
- All diamonds are described and graded with carat, cut, clarity and colour (the 4 C’s)
- (Diamond plotting is available at additional cost)
- Coloured gemstones are described with carat, cut, clarity and colour
- Pearls are identified, measured and graded
- Photos are printed right on the report in colour
- (High magnification photos of inclusions are available at additional cost
- The grading system is explained on the appraisal
- The purpose and function is explained on the appraisal
- Signature and seal is added after completion
Gold Stamps & Hallmarks